Community Service 2017
- World Religion Day Assembly - To create awareness among students about various religions and living with everyone in peace & harmony.
- January 20th - 22nd 2017
- RYLA Camp (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards)
- The camp was a great fusion of scholastic as well as co-scholastic activities; motivational speeches by eminent personalities, cultural performances and sports. Students were inspired to actively participate in community service. Listed below are the students’ achievements:
- LVIS bagged the first prize in JAZBAA talent show for dance on the national song, Vande Mataram.
- Vandaash Kaushik class X was recognized as the best student delegate.
- Charu Tyagi class X was awarded the first prize for ‘Matchless Female Star Icon’ at the Fashion Show.
- Sumana Basu class X was honored for her exemplary performance of Odissi Dance.
- January 2017 (3rd week)
- Republic Day Assembly - To create a sense of patriotism among the students and tell them about the relevance of this day.
- Blood Donation Camp by Rotary - Several parents and teachers donated blood and were told about Thalassemia. A ‘nukkad natak’ was also presented to raise awareness.
- World Peace & Understanding Day - To create a sense of harmony and peaceful approach towards living in this world with people from different backgrounds.
- Donations to Senior Citizens Welfare Association - Making students realize the joy of giving and making others happy by donating food items to a senior citizens office.
- Fashion show by NGO Tamana
Diya Popli and Akshita Varshney from Lotus Valley International School, Noida, participated in a fashion show organized by Tamana, an NGO working with differently-abled children, in association with the Fashion Design council of India. To quote the students “it was an exciting and a moving experience for us”.
- Airtel Delhi Half Marathon
Three students of classes XI & XII, Pragun Sharma, Sagar Sharma and Akshay Sharma of Lotus Valley International School, Noida, participated in the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon on 20th November, 2016, under the Youth Cares category, as part of the marathon contingent supporting Tamana NGO.
- 8th EU-India Environment Forum
Students attended the 8th EU-India Environment Forum that was organized by European Union Delegation in India and Indian Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) together with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), Confederation of the Indian Industry (CII). The forum held discussions on assessment of India’s current and future use of resources and how to develop a resource efficiency strategy for India in four sectors – mobility, buildings and construction, renewable energy, and plastic and e-waste management.
Lotus Valley has been awarded with the following awards by the the Rotary District Governor:
- Governor's Gold Award, 2016
- Governor’s Platinum Award, 2017
- Governor's Special recognition to Interact Club Teacher-In-Charge Award, 2017